Professional Development Units (PDUs) are credits needed for renewal of the PMP and other PMI certifications. One hour of instruction related to the PMI Talent Triangle equates to one PDU.
The PMI Houston Chapter offers monthly meetings worth 1 PDU each (educational and keynote). Credential holders are required to report their own PDUs via the Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS).
PMI Talent Triangle
- Technical Project Management - Knowledge, skills and behaviors related to specific domains of Project, Program and Portfolio Management.
- Leadership – Knowledge, skills and behaviors specific to leadership-oriented skills that help an organization achieve its business goals.
- Strategic and Business Management – Knowledge of and expertise in the industry or organization that enhances performance and better delivers business outcomes.
How to Report 1-2 PDUs
Step One: Log into CCRS using your PMI username and password.
step Two: click 'Report PDUs' from the left vertical navigation menu.
Step three: Under Education, select “Organization Meetings”
Step Four: Fill in the meeting or conference Information:
- For Organization/Host, type in “PMI Houston” and choose from the dropdown, or simply enter “C012”
- Enter the PDUs claimed within the Talent Triangle shown above.
- Confirm that all information is correct before clicking the check-box to accept the terms and conditions; then click 'Submit'